Panzer IV fuel tanks

The armor of the Axis countries and their allies during and prior to WWII.

Panzer IV fuel tanks

Postby Minsk94 » 14 Dec 2014 14:47

So to continue with the FB conversation on the fuel tanks here are some photos shared by Igor Perepelitsa, where it is clearly seen that those "boxes on the floor are not the tanks themselves, but just their covers. The fuel tanks were installed from under the tank, and, judging by the hanging brackets, they were semi-hanging in there.

from the inside (two tanks):

Image Image Image Image Image

The third tank:

Image Image

Another vehicle:

View from the bottom of the vehicle: The hanging brackets are also visible:

It would be interesting to find a photo of the actual fuel tanks :scratch:
Best Regards,
Alex

Minsk94
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Panzer IV fuel tanks

Postby BillieJean » 14 Dec 2014 19:58

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, :crazy:
Those photos answered a Slew of questions for me..
Just a few changes and the floor will be done. I will go back and add the bolt strips under the covers and make the Tank cover separate parts.
I can also see there was different access panel locations in the engine compartment depending on the version also.
I am thinking the the Hull that is horizontal is a Late/Final J as it looks like it has the protection for the 4th fuel tank.
And the on on its side is a H/Early J before the the auxiliary generator was done away with as I can still see the hole in the rear plate for the exhaust...

I will go and and start a new thread with my renderings so others can see what I have and comment/correct any all info I have and see how this all goes together if they want..(At least my Interpretation of such) :awesome:
BillieJean

Return to Axis Countries up to 1945 (incl.)