A discussion about Group Build Rules & Terms.

A discussion about Group Build Rules & Terms.

Postby Minsk94 » 03 Nov 2013 02:48

The voting on this GB happened a while ago, so it is probably a good time to finally get it going. The questions about the terms is following:
1. Do we allow any ground vehicles under following conditions: Soviet/Russian in the service of any country? or should we also allow foreign vehicles (captured, lend-lease and such) in Soviet service?
I am personally leaning toward both as lend-lease vehicles by itself is pretty big and interesting topic.
2. Deadline: how long should it continue? Usually people build less in the summer, so we can run it until May or June 1st.
3. Each participant creates his own topic for the build.
4. Should regular (but without any kind of a schedule) "report" of a progress be mandatory? Not much fun if someone just enters with a finished model. The whole idea is in the GROUP build.
5. Voting for the final winners: create a panel of judges? or by popular vote?
6. I will be placing Amusing Hobby "Object 279" kit and an Armor Journal t-shirt as a first place prize. Will think of something for the second and third places.
Any other thoughts or ideas?
Best Regards,
Alex

Minsk94
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The discussion about Group Build Rules & Terms.

Postby Rammbock » 03 Nov 2013 12:07

1.) I would only allow soviet vehicles in soviet service and lend-lease-vehicles. Captured vehicles in Soviet service and russian vehicles in foreign service could be another topic because its a really far stretched topic.
2.) I think the first of May should be time enough. In some countrys the summerholidays start quite early and so the Modellers get the chance to finish there models in the set timeframe.
3.) Thats a good idea.
4.) Everyone who build a Model should post at least some pics of his progress to proof that he dont take part with a already finished model of some age!
5.) A panel of judges would prevent that friends of some Modellers sign-in in the group just to vote en-masse for him in a popular vote.
6.) The second prize could be a single AJ-Shirt and the third one or two editions of the Armour-Journal, or if the Third winner already possess em the next one or two editions.
Rammbock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The discussion about Group Build Rules & Terms.

Postby Minsk94 » 04 Nov 2013 07:48

1. Yes, I agree. We should leave just the "native" ones and lend-lease.
4. Yes, that was my idea. So you actually showing your process and others can comment, and either help with some advice or background info, or ask questions.
5. That is a tough question. Popular vote will seem to be more democratic, so nobody can accuse judges in being bias. But I can see your point too. Something really to talk about.
6. Well, since the magazine will be distributed only via internet for now and free, that may not work as well. I was thinking maybe the first prize - kit and t-shirt, the second - aftermarket (or a book?) and t-shirt, and the third one - just a t-shirt. if this really get going maybe we will have some vendors to sponsor it as well.
Best Regards,
Alex

Minsk94
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Group Build "Soviet/Russian Armor & Artillery"