Introductions!

Everything else that doesn't fit into other categories. Talk about anything as long it is not against the Forum rules.

Introductions!

Postby M.A.F. » 11 Oct 2012 01:20

Hi everyone, welcome to the armor journal forums! I just wanted to take the time to say hello and introduce myself, my name is John and I am the modern armor editor, I welcome you to armor journal and look forward to sharing our knowledge and love of history and AFV's please do not hesistate to contact me for any reason whether it be to submit an article or a simple question, I am here to serve you. Enjoy and welcome!

M.A.F.
Just Got Here
Just Got Here

Introduction Brent Sauer

Postby minuteman1636 » 12 Oct 2012 05:07

My name is Brent Sauer. I am an avid study of military history. I've been building military models for about 25 years off and on. My primary interest is armored fighting vehicles from roughly the Vietnam era to modern day. I have a fascination with the HMMWV family of vehicles and have been building a website to capture the history and details of the HMMWV program. The website is http://www.hmmwvinscale.com My long term goal is for the website to be a resource for both people interested in the real vehicle and model builders.

I am 41 years old, have been married for 10 years, have a 7 year-old daughter and am active duty in the Army. I'm currently in my 24th year of service.

My AFV vehicle interests are somewhat specific and they are:
1. HMMWV (humvee) family
2. M1 Abrams family
3. Tank Transporters
4. Support vehicles such as HEMTT tanker, M88 Hercules, Air Defense LAV, etc.

My primary goal here on Armor Journal is to make new friends and promote the love of military history and the hobby of model building in a professional respectful manner. I hope to be a long-term positive content contributor.
minuteman1636
Just Got Here
Just Got Here

Re: Introductions!

Postby Andrezas » 16 Apr 2013 15:27

My name is Andrew (Andrius). I am From Lithuania, Biker, photographer. I am interested in collecting models, but so far didnt start my Armored vehicles collection... Still afraid that its to complicated for me and I am not born to be patient enouth to build something :) But I hope that this Forum and its community will change things for me :)
I am friendly person and all questions or suggestions always welcome.
You can also contact me via Skype: Andrezas750il

If a person is a person to a person, then a person is a person to a person aswell.
Andrezas
Just Got Here
Just Got Here

Postby ChrisMeddings » 02 Nov 2013 00:11

Hi, I'm Chris and I run inside the armour : www.insidethearmour.com

Alex and I know each other from elsewhere and I've been complaining about not having a great place to hang out and Alex asked me to come on over here

Glad to be here and looking forward to making this an outstanding forum for fun, the discussion of good scale modelling and some great sharing of information

;)
ChrisMeddings
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rammbock » 02 Nov 2013 15:34

Hi, i´m Marcus, i´m 35 years old and live near Cologne, Germany.
I´m interested in german armour of WW-II, especially the Panzer-III and Panzer-IV and the Baukommando Becker. I´m much more a theoretican and likes a lot to research, but sometimes i try to build a model, more or lesser successfull :oops:
I´m happy to be here and looking forward to many interesting disscussions.
Rammbock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Minsk94 » 03 Nov 2013 02:32

Well, and I am the one who started all this "mess". The name is Alex and I live in United States, state Wisconsin.
The main interests are armor prior to 1945. I do build models also as time permits. With modeling I do prefer either Soviet armor (prior to 1945) or just unusual (rare or unpopular) subjects.
I hope this forum will really hit the spot with modelers and historians alike. Everyone is welcome, and thank you for stopping here!
Best Regards,
Alex

Minsk94
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bullardino » 24 Nov 2013 10:32

Hi all, my name's Luigi and I live in Italy.

I've been a modeler almost since I can remember. I had some break from time to time due to women and parties, but I unavoidably came back to the hobby. I started building planes until I fell in love with armor a couple of years ago.

My preferred subjects are soviet/russian afvs from finnish war to today, mainly the ones which had a front line duty, and shermans. From time to time I wander freely from those subjects (I have a stug III and a M2 Halftrack in my stash, for instance).

I am currently building a T-62 used during czech invasion, next up will probably be a BTR-70 as deployed in Afghanistan.
bullardino
Just Got Here
Just Got Here

Postby chippybomber » 20 Mar 2014 17:46

Hello everybody,
after modelling a lot as a teenager - of course I thought I was God's gift to modelling then (having come across some of my old models recently...I can tell you I wasn't :lol: ) fast foreward 30 years and I sort of stumbled back into the hobby a few years ago.
I build almost exclusively soviet WWII armour. Oh, and hello Luigi.
Cheers,
Dierk
chippybomber

Postby Minsk94 » 20 Mar 2014 23:14

Welcome aboard, Dierk! Glad to see you here!
Best Regards,
Alex

Minsk94
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bullardino » 03 Apr 2014 07:23

Hi mate :)
bullardino
Just Got Here
Just Got Here

Postby 4bogreen » 27 Jul 2014 08:19

Hi there guys,

I am Remco and live in the Netherlands. As a child of 13 i bought my first model. It was a 1/48 MiG-29 from Academy. I found this aircraft had a scary and threatning look. Almost spraying a can of Revell stone grey on the bottom :lol: , and some brown/ green Humbrol bloches on top, i was very sadisfied with the result...
My armor adiction came in 1996 with a whole diorama on top of my bookshelfs. My big bomber (A-26 from Monogram) came chrashing down on my diorama and everything went in the trashcan (i was pretty mad then).

In 2005 i bought a modeling magazine and i was sold. I wanted to build like this to. A T-34 from Dragon was my first victim and serves proudly as my ''test tank'' on my proving grounds. After i bought some serious books, my adiction for armor was there. Beginning on the western front (germans and shermans), there was something on the other side of the hill (something like Stalingrad and Kursk). After reading a lot of books i found this side more intresting. Especially a tank called T-34, who was mentioned everywere...

My main armor intrest are the T-34 tank and the Panther tank. The WWII conflict and shortly the Afghan/ Soviet conflict in 1979-1989.

I like to share techniques and talk about modeling. also i like to help other people with their models, so my builds are mostly technical. Due my status as a dad for my young children, i have not much time to paint. I build mostly in the evening for an hour or two. Currently i am busy with a Lavochkin La-5 (almost done) and a new project of a T-34 model 1940

I hope to hear (and maybe see you guys) from time to time! ( Hi, Dierk, Hi Luigi)

Remco
4bogreen
Just Got Here
Just Got Here

Postby chippybomber » 28 Jul 2014 12:56

Hoi Remco! Great to see you here! Not stalking us, are you? :lol:
chippybomber

Postby Minsk94 » 28 Jul 2014 16:56

He is definitely following us! :)
Welcome aboard, Remco!